Friday, August 31, 2012

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins


I love blueberries and I was dying to try these muffins. I was waiting for the perfect recipe which is not very time-consuming and is healthy as well. I don't like to use all-purpose flour so I try my best to substitute that with the whole-wheat flour. I finally baked them this morning and I can't tell you how happy I am. Baking makes me super happy and is a perfect getaway from all anxieties. :)


Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

Whole Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Baking Powder - 3 teaspoons
Sugar - 1/3 cup (You can substitute it with honey)
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Egg - 1 (or 2 Egg Whites)
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 teaspoon
Milk - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tablespoons (I used canola oil, feel free to use olive oil or vegetable use)
Fresh Blueberries - 1 cup

Preheat oven to 400 F and cooking spray to the muffin pan

Sift whole wheat flour with a sifter or use a wired whisk. Add baking powder, sugar and salt to the flour and whisk for 1-2 minutes.

In a separate bowl, mix egg, milk, vanilla and oil and stir them using a whisk for 2-3 minutes.

Add flour mixture to the egg mixture with a spoon and stir well until the mixture becomes moist.

Gently stir in blueberries.

Divide batter among the muffins cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. 

Remove from pan and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment