Sunday, November 4, 2012

Besan Ladoo

A day before Karvachauth after coming back from work I realized I don't have any mithai (Indian sweets) and I was feeling too lazy to go to an Indian store to buy. So I thought of making some at home. Thanks to Sanjeev Kapoor's easy recipe, it didn't take me very long and I could adjust sugar and ghee which you can't do in the mithai you get from outside. The shape of my ladoos is not round, I didn't have enough patience to let the mixture cool down so I can roll them in round shape but the taste was very good, I promise! :)
 

Besan Ka Ladoo

Ingredients: 

Besan - 1 cup
Ghee - 1/3 cup 
Powdered Sugar - 1/3 cup
Almonds - 5-6 crushed, few more for decorating ladoos

Heat ghee in a kadai. Add gram flour and roast on low heat till a nice aroma is given out - it took me 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool down for 1-2 minutes. 

Add crushed almonds and mix. Allow the mixture to cool slightly more before adding powdered sugar. Add sugar and mix. 

Let the mixture settle down for 5-10 minutes and then roll into even sized ladoos. Add one almond in the center of each ladoo for decoration. 

Note: The original recipe asked for 1/2 cup ghee and 1/2 cup sugar, I didn't want to make them too sweet so I added less sugar and made them with less ghee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment