Sunday, January 13, 2013

Baked Salmon with Avocado Salsa

We usually go out for dinner on Friday but it was too cold this time to go out so I wanted to make something different. I had 2 ripe avocados lying in my fridge for a couple of days so I wanted to use them along with salmon and I found this interesting recipe of baked salmon with avocado salsa. Trust me it was very simple and super delicious. I served salmon and avocado salsa with the side of broccoli rice. 

Baked Salmon

Salmon - Cut into pieces
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Ground Coriander - 1 tsp
Ground Cumin - 1 tsp
Ground Pepper - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder (or paprika) - 1 tsp
Juice of 1 lemon 

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and marinade salmon with the spice mixture for 20 minutes. 

Preheat oven to 425 F and bake salmon until done. It usually takes 25-30 minutes. 

Avocado Salsa

Avocado, peeled and sliced length wise - 2
Onion, cut length wise - 1 small
Jalapeno Pepper, minced - 1/2
Juice from 1 lemon
Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
Cilantro chopped - to garnish
Salt - to taste 

Combine the avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.

Note: You can add more jalapeno pepper based on your spice tolerance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment