Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pancakes

I made pancakes this morning, I generally want to try something new for Sunday breakfast. I got up this morning and some pancakes was the first thing that came to my mind. I found the perfect recipe this time. Pancakes were soft, fluffy and very simple to cook. You don't need any weird ingredients, I am sure everything will be there in your pantry. We topped it with fresh strawberries, sour cream and maple syrup. 



Fluffy Pancakes

Milk - 3/4 cup (I used skim milk)
White vinegar - 2 tbsp
All-purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1.5 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1
Olive oil - 1 tbsp

Mix milk and white vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes to 'sour'

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a bowl. Whisk for 1-2 minutes. Then add egg, oil and milk mixture to it. Whisk until lumps are gone. 

Heat non stick pan, add some 1 oil or cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula and cook until browned on both sides. 

Top them with fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, and banana), sour cream and maple syrup. 

Note: 
This batter makes around 6 pancakes
 The original recipe had 2 tbsp melted butter instead of olive oil. Feel free to replace that if you are not calorie conscious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment